Friday, September 7, 2012

Simplify your photographs


As a new photographer, you may find yourself over-thinking the way you approach your shots. Due to this, many of your photos will suffer as a result of having too much detail inundating the photograph. Delete the clutter by removing the unnecessary in the picture, and focus on one point of interest.

Before taking that next photo, look around, take a little more time composing your image. Ask yourself; "how can I frame the image differently and remove the unwanted distractions?"

Tip: Cropping your image will tighten composition
Tip: Use different shooting angles
Tip: Don't complicate, simplify

Both photographs (taken in Zanzibar) were taken just when I started my journey in Digital Photography; at the time I simplified my shots as much as possible. I used a Nikon D50 with 18 - 55mm lens and on camera Auto settings (No post editing or cropping).

Sometimes you get your best results when you not trying too hard and just enjoying the simplicity of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment